FOMEN is a 2-year project that began in September 2019 and runs until December 2021. Its focus is on gender sensitivity and prevention of gender-based violence following intersectional approaches. Men* with international family history (migrants and refugees) will be reached through participatory intervention and capacity building programs.
We have a six-country project team developing quality standards and tools for gender sensitive and violence-prevention programs that is based on work with men with international family history (migrants and refugees). Furthermore, national workshops will be held with professionals whose expertise lies within the following three topics:
- Gender/ Masculinity/ Diversity
- Migration / Intercultural Education
- Violence Prevention
These workshops will provide professionals with knowledge, skills and competences in working with male migrants and refugees in a gender sensitive and violence preventive way. Finally, the results of these workshops will be used to further the project objectives.
Fomen’s project team is composed of actors from seven different European countries who are contributing their specialised expertise:
- Verein für Männer- und Geschlechterthemen Steiermark (VMG), Austria, Lead Partner
- Society for Psychological Assistance (SPA), Croatia
- Associació Conexus: atenció, formació i investigació psicosocials (CONEXUS), Spain
- Symbiosis Astikis mi Kerdoskopiki Etaireia (SYMBIOSIS), Greece
- Centro di Ascolto Uomini Maltrattanti (CAM), Italy
- European Network for the Work with Perpetrators of Domestic Violence (WWP EN), Germany
Fomen’s Advisory Board critically evaluates project proceedings, gives feedback to all outputs’ development, and provides an external review of project findings, ensuring project’s excellence and quality. Fomen’s AB Members, from the Centre for Gender & Violence Research, are:
- Professor Marianne Hester Phd OBE FAcSS, Chair in Gender, Violence & International Policy, and Head of Centre for Gender & Violence Research, School for Policy Studies Faculty of Social Sciences and Law, University of Bristol, UK
- Dr Emma Williamson, Reader in Gender Based Violence at Centre for Gender & Violence Research, School for Policy Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences and Law, University of Bristol, UK